Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Lenten Saga: Day 4

Today was one of my busier Saturdays. Even now I am at Southpoint writing this. From getting my haircut to going to work, and meeting with the realtor... That was actually fun. Today we went on my first house hunting trip to a location still in the Containment Area. I really like this place... The townhome and this part of the containment area. At the advice of the realtor, I am looking at townhomes with better resale value... I know my career path will eventually take me away from this area, but not for several years. I was serious when I decided to make my early career stand here. I am convinced, God has some special purpose for me being here. I am still trying to figure that one out. It seems like everything ELSE is coming together except for the social life (going out with friends, dating women, external networking, etc...) but I also think that God might sit this one out because it might not be a priority in his plan for me here... It is either that or God has given me all the tools necessary to meet this social challenge. I pray that it is the latter because I see God manifesting in other areas of my life.

I realized this at church today as I was listening to the word of God. I also know that I am becoming a much more complicated person in my thoughts, ideas, and tastes. I will give you an example... I love being social... interacting, and talking, music and making noise, but I also love the silence and being by myself... I am in constant conflict over that and I try to strike a balance.

Caterpillar Challenge meeting was a flop! Everyone had something else to do. I did not get the call until I was at Church waiting for everyone else to arrive. Still got my 'assignment' done. But most likely I will have to do the next part also (Ch. 3). Just to be on track with the challenge.

Well my battery is about to die, I guess I will stop ranting now... Strange how Lent brings a lit of things to light... I guess because I am spending more time with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment