Monday, February 23, 2009

Countdown to Ash Wednesday!

T-minus 2 days! Oh my goodness, the week of weeks (lol) is upon me! O woe is me, what am I to do!?! 

Okay, enough melodrama. Today I talked to a couple of fitness experts about the upcoming lenten season, and how I told them that I really want to follow the Lenten rules, which requires fasting, which requires 2 small meals and 1 large meal, where the small meals put together can not equal the large meal. So my question to them: What is an example of a large meal/small meal? and What else should I do to make this lenten process, health-friendly, while still maintaining my exercise regimen, and not dying in the process. So after we had that discussion, we established what large/small meals meant. We also acknowledged the fact that I may need to take more supplements during this time, to make sure I am getting my daily values of certain vitamins/minerals. 

I am looking forward to the challenge I have set before myself. I have observed Lent every year. During college, grad school, and even now. But I have never took it to this level. I am giving up A LOT of things. I have also made new commitments for the Lenten period, including new church and exercise commitments, and I am not talking about the Caterpillar Challenge or the intense 3-day/wk weight training! I have never pushed myself to this limit before, because I have never tried to push myself to this limit before. And I am going to see if I get some divine inspiration during this period of fasting, prayer, fellowship, and focusing on the "Kingdom Coming" and not on the "Kingdom Having Come." That is one of the many points of Lent. 

Fat Tuesday is tomorrow! I heard there was something going on at Champps. I might check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment