Saturday, January 24, 2009

DTH and Tutoring

So from yesterday, I went to the Carolina Theatre and saw the "Dance Theatre of Harlem," (DTH) perform. Dance, of course is one of the more beautiful forms of the arts, but since I am a former instrumentalist (one day I will return), I would have to rank music above dance (hehehe). I would even rank music above vocal (and I am in the gospel choir at church). Anyways, the group performed a variety of classic, modern, and neoclassical styles, and there was even an interactive piece where audience members could interact with the dancers. There was a musical (no dance) performance before the intermission by the pianist (I can not find my program, so I can not tell you his name), that was so beautiful and unique that one could not help but to be mesmerized. You know how some musical compositions definitely belong in an orchestra, and how some could be used in a musical? This artist made up his own composition, and I can easily see it go either way. I would not be surprised if his piece was used in a musical at some point in the future, and if it is, he will get an award!

More information about DTH can be found HERE

So my freelance tutoring adventures continues. My client is getting her knowledge together. So far she is acing all of my quizzes and lectures and is understanding my material. I am beginning to show her more advanced ways to solving the same common problems. Since I have started tutoring, she has shown more confidence in her math ability. 

I know how to bring out the best in people ;-) partially because the drive to succeed is buried deep down inside of us. All I do is bring it to the surface. With a lot of positive reinforcement, motivation, and patience, there is no limit to what you can do!

Bedtime! Before I go to bed, I am going to find my old notepad and start taking notes at church. There are a lot of wisdom in our Sunday 'messages' and I want to be sure that I can share it with you guys!

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment