Sunday, January 25, 2009

An Interesting Conversation...

Greetings! 

This is how a conversation went with a prospective client for my freelance tutoring initiative:

Prospect: Hello?
Me:  Hi! This is (Relocated Yankee). How are you?
Prospect: Fine. So we have decided to go with you.
Me: Excellent

-- This is where I asked some technical questions and got more details -- 2-3 minutes later...

Prospect: Excellent. I just have one more question for you.
Me: Go ahead.

Prospect: Are you comfortable with tutoring (name of ethnic group) people?
Me: I am (name of ethnic group).

-- Prospect Laughs, embarrassed, I am laughing along with her --

So yea, I was going to write about what I learned in church today, but this was too hilarious! People. I am an equal-opportunity worker, dater, lover, service-provider. I do not discriminate. Especially in the dating category (had to throw that one in there). So if you do your thing, I will do mine. If we are to live in a world where we are not judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character, that ideal must trickle all the way down to the heart and soul of a person. In that regard, that ideal starts with me. I will hold onto that for as long as I can, and will teach the next generation of (Relocated) Yankees the same thing!

One step closer to Kum-Bay-Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment