Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Caterpillar Challenge and More on Madea

So I have signed up with some of the young adults to take part in something called a "Caterpillar Challenge." It is an eight week (well now seven-ish) journey in getting back in touch with our faith, and fellowship with other young adults. Kind of like a bible study, except this series completely focuses on the Bible's book of Job. We have a book and a workbook that depicts modern day stories based off the chapters in Job. I think this is going to be interesting, especially since I could use a little more faith in my life, and with Lent around the corner, I am going to rely on a lot of faith after finalizing my "give up" list. I am in good company with the Young Adults here at Church (as well as the choir members). Besides the people that I work with as well as the people who work for the same employer as I but not 'with me,' they have shown me the only true kindness that I have ever known since my arrival months ago. That says a lot and means a lot especially since I started all over on the social and friendship fronts. It is not easy being the new person, but I will not use that as an excuse. So wish me luck as I add the caterpillar challenge onto my list of Lenten activities 2009!

Now about this Madea movie... I will try not to spoil it, but overall, I think it was an okay movie. I would rank "Why Did I Get Married" and "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" over "Madea Goes To Jail." The movie had good parts in it, but (SPOILER ALERT), Madea does not go to jail until, in my opinion, some point past the halftime point of the movie. I honestly thought it was going to be Madea giving prison women way more advice and insight on their situations and how to become better women, but there was only one instance of that... Would I go see it again, MOST DEFINITELY!!! It is still hilarious as I dunno what, so yea, I would see it again. Plus there are messages that should be shared by all audiences, regardless of ethnicity.

Staying in-house tonight. Was thinking about salsa, but I have new priorities. My nephew and niece would like to attend church with me tomorrow, but I would have to get my nephew from Greensboro early in the morning, so I need to be fully dressed and out the apartment around 7. So no partying tonight. But I think it is worth it, plus its been awhile since my niece and nephew saw each other.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your Caterpillar Challenge. It sounds like an good experience.

    ReplyDelete