Thursday, February 19, 2009

Exhausting Day!

Yes, we all have them. And today was no different. Got up early, got to work early, left work late! Choir practice, and then back to the containment area.

I guess one of the funnier parts of my day happened at lunch. I met a lady who was taking salsa classes with the same instructors that taught me. We sat down together with her friends, and we were all getting to know one another. I told them where I live, we call it "pop." And they gave me the traditional "look" when someone calls soft drinks "pop."

One of them even asked me if I knew what "Sun Tea" was, and my eyes opened wide!

It has been SOOOOOOO long since the last time my mom and dad made Sun Tea. I was just telling them all about it, and they just kept looking at me, prolly saying to themselves "he is soooo kountry!" but I do not care! Okay, they actually did say Ohioans are country, which I resent wholeheartedly, but oh well. I told them how we used glass containers and the suns heat to create the tea, etc.. etc... I told them about the traditional midwest terminology, like what "knee high by the 4th of July" meant.

Overall, it was a fun lunch. That was about the only real highlight of my day. That and choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment