Friday, January 16, 2009

Uncharted Territory

So this was somewhat of a crazy week, with Jade's surgery and all (and her complications), singing at a funeral, incorporating weight training with my workout regimen and maintaining that, getting up at 5 in the morning everyday, going to prayer sessions, eating right, salsa dancing in the middle of the week, getting my house in order... literally, tutoring, and more tutoring this weekend! And yet, I do not feel burned out. It is as if I am using my time, energy, and gifts wisely with God ordering and pacing my steps.

I should be excited about getting a new home, but I do not feel as exuberant as I thought I would be. I have some jitters and I need to man up and shake it loose. I think a huge part of it is because I am entering uncharted territory, and there is a lot of money (a mortgage) involved.

Uncharted territory... such is one of the many-many words that I will use to describe my life. College and grad school was uncharted territory, and I will blog about that another time. The Containment Area is uncharted territory, southern living is uncharted territory. I will even go as far as saying that being exposed to a lot of southern raised women is uncharted territory.

I think I am afraid that I will mess something up when it comes to this whole 'house-getting' process. Sometimes I really do feel that I am alone, even with all the help. No one in my immediate family can really give me (relevant) pointers on how to approach this. I read a lot of books at Barnes and Noble in the Real Estate, and Finance sections during the holidays just to get a basic understanding of what I am about to undertake.

I am at the point where I no longer have any real control over this situation, and to continue to dwell is to go insane. I do not have any real control because I do not know what I should expect, and worse, I do not even know what to do. Therefore, I must trust in God. I must trust in his son. I must place my trust in the people around me. People like my relocation advisers: relocation consultant, mortgage lender, real estate broker, lawyers, the list goes on. And trust I shall do.

So begins the home buying process... Another adventure in Uncharted Territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment