Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Lenten Saga: Day 9

Well, I guess something always has to happen to balance the power of the forces that be. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, for every up, a down, an in, an out, and a success, a failure...

Enter Barack Obama...

The nation's first Black President! To me, he is doing his thing, and I applaud him for all his efforts. At least he is trying and basically asking the American people to help him. When he won the presidency, not only was it historic (esp. after what America put people like my father and his side of the family through), but he did the one thing that I never thought anyone in recent times can do... Restore credibility.... to...... LIGHT SKINNED BROTHAS EVERYWHERE!!!

From Sea to Shining Sea, and all the amber waves of grain.... The "Light-Skinnededed" Brothas have returned, with Obama showing everyone what we are truly about: integrity, class, dignity, and respect. And he shows it! In his thoughts and in his words, and especially his actions, for this nation when he is at work, and at all times, towards his beautiful (Midwest representin!!!') wife Michelle, and their two daughters. Nothing rattles him. He is cool, calm, and collected, even in times of mounting pressure. He has not flown off the handle, nor did he do anything unbecoming of a gentleman! A role model for all men.... especially us light skinned brothas!!! HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHE!!!!!!!

So Yes on that night when the west coast polls closed and CNN made the announcement (Because it AINT final until you SEE IT ON CNN), I rejoiced.... I rejoiced because not only did America's better angels showed up, but also at the fact that LIGHT SKINNED IS BACK IN BAYBEE!!!! WoooHOOOOO!

WOOOHOOOOO
WOOOHOOOOO
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Enter Chris Brown...

Yea, I think you know where I am going with this...

Just when it was cool to be a light-skinned brotha again, the Rihanna assault happens. Now I read the affidavit, and if that is the actual account, the law of the land in this case, then it goes without saying that this is a blow to my kind everywhere! To what degree have my peoples been set back, I do not know, and by 'my peoples,' I am referring to Light Skinned Brothas, as you are well aware! But this can not be good. I have so many thoughts on the affidavit, enough to fill in several days worth of blog entries, and rantings, but I will save myself, and you that torture, because there are too many things going on in my life, that I wish to share with you through my writings... I am not going to write more entries about the horrible turn of events on a celebrity.

Besides, I have been getting notes from women (surprisingly) on my Social Dating Okie-Dok notes (designed to help brothas out)... How I-R-O-N-I-C!! Literally asking me when am I going to write my next one. Why are yall so interested in them? It was designed to help some of MY male friends see the warning signs when they go and try to be that Barack for you, but then you do things to mess with his mind and heart, and make him do things he might not normally do (pull a Chris, to a degree).

Anyways, Okie-Dok note coming soon, maybe next week-ish. There is a lot going on right now in my Lenten Journey that I wish I could share, but I can not. Not now at least. I am going to bed now.

Will light skin be in tomorrow? After this series of events, nothing is certain!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the light skinned brotha stuff. Just when we were making a comeback Chris Brown had to do and do what he did. Oh, I'm hurt in so many ways.

    As far as women asking about okie-doks, maybe it's cause some of them want to ... Well, I won't post my official view here sense it's controversial. I'll wait till we can chat.

    Anyhow, good stuff. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete