Monday, April 13, 2009

Intermediate Workout Blues

So this week begins my first full week in my intermediate weight training series. Most of my exercises in general are the same for each body group, with the substitution of some with 'new' exercises. With Lent and Holy Week over, I can finally go back to not only my 2-a-day workout routine, but eating several (healthy) meals a day. On Mondays, I work my shoulders, triceps, biceps, and forearms. What is different from the beginner series is the fact that now, I have to do 3 sets instead of 1. Even when I was doing one set, I was seeing quite a bit of gain, and as I kept track of my workouts, I was noticing that I was increasing the weight every workout. But when I started doing three sets of my new list of exercises for this particular week, it was a nightmare. the workout plan I am following suggests doing 3 sets of 6 reps per exercise at a weight you feel comfortable with. I (barely) made my 6 reps/set quota on all of my exercises. So this means I am at the right weight to build off of. The worst exercise was the wrist roller. That thing will work your forearms to death and I felt friggin murdered after doing 3 reps on my WARM UP set. Wrist roller is no joke!

I can only imagine what Wednesday (legs) will bring in terms of the extended set weight training. I wonder if I will be able to walk.

Going to bed now, gotta get up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment