Monday, February 9, 2009

More Tutoring!

So now, I am getting more and more tutoring requests. I am now up to three clients. This is so cool! It is great to have other things to do besides work and working out (since dating has stalled)! but I have a feeling that will change soon. My second client is so impressed, that we have established a standard weekly rotation every week for one hour. I remember how hard it was back then. I remember the frustration, and when I saw one of my pupils struggling, I did not do what others have done to me and make them feel stupid. I keep engaging and encouraging him/her to keep trying. I asked questions as they were going through the problems so they can establish their way of thinking. I let them know that it is okay to be wrong, and show them the correct way to solve problems. 

After tutoring, I phoned into the weekly prayer group session.... Well, for as long as I could. I was impressed with my phone tonight, I almost made it to the house before it died (not bad for 10% battery life left using the wireless radio to the MAX!). I like these sessions because I learn a lot and it strengthens my faith. I am very tired, I need rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment