Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church just keeps getting

Better and Better!

I am beginning to hear the word of God more and more clearly in my life. Being active in the choir allows me to explore a ministry of church that I have never explored before. Our pastor has a way of explaining our readings in the historical and modern sense. I think it is very important to know what the mentality of the readings were back then, and once you connect the bridge of the past to the present day, it makes the message even more clear and more sensible. Some sermons, homilies, whatever you wish to call them, can be very dry. Some can be even technical, but when you throw the human element into it, the present day story of society, and how you can connect what is going on to what the 12 disciples and Jesus encountered, it makes it very easy to see, hear, and experience God's message. 

That and singing Lift Every Voice and Sing at the end of our gathering now has new meaning not only to me, but to many people. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment